In Path of Exile, some players have trouble with sustaining maps, so if my experience can help others even a little I thought I should share it, it is very simply that I will share some tips that help you to sustain maps:
1. Complete your atlas as much as possible. It is a couple weeks into the league and my atlas has been 157/157 after the third or fourth day. Trade 820 is a great place to swap maps you have for others that you don’t. Do not even have to sit in the chat with all the spam just Copy paste what you have and what you are looking for and every time you finish a map just paste it and then turn trade chat back off.
2. Try to finish one tier before moving onto the next Very commonly people take their highest map and run it. If they don’t get any drops or like a -2 they feel completely bummed that they have to drop down a couple tiers from where they just were.
3. Do not be afraid to buy a map here and there I am not telling people to buy a ton of maps but in the same example above, if you are trying for an hour to swap t7 maps for that last one you need, it is simple to go buy it for a chaos (or w/e going rate happens to be) and move on to your next tier. Then feel free to sell some maps of a couple tiers lower that you will no longer need/use to make the money back.
4. Do every zana mission that is at the right level This one I feel is more common sense, but if you are in say a t12 map and you get a zana she spawns -1, 0, +1 level of her next. So getting zana in a map you are in is a 100% free extra map that you can get map drops + currency from.
5. Chisel all your maps that are t11+ This is one of the most common issues of my fellow guild mates that complain about not being able to sustain maps. If you are running a tier 11+ high tier map than expect to have to put a tad of currency into it. Trust me when I say it is worth it. The maps gives an additional 20% quantity so you get extra currency, more alchs, more chisels, more drops.
6. Alch every map If you are planning on completing the full map and not just boss rushing, alch your map. It does not matter if it is a t2 map or a t15 map. Alch adds a lot more mods which in turn adds a lot more quantity which in turn gives you many more drops (almost always at least 1 alch drop that you spent anyway).
7. Save up 10 of the next tier before moving on Simply put running your highest tier map that you only have 1 or 2 of and not getting any same tier drops or higher and having to go down tiers feels bad. Sometimes you run a map and get 7 or 8 map drops sometimes you run a map and don’t get one. Well in reality its the same RNG but if you save up 10 maps before running them then chances are somewhere in there you will get the super good map drops with no map drops and it will even out.